On this episode of The Asian Seller podcast, Michael Michelini, founder of Global from Asia, and ecommerce SEO agency, Shadstone, talks about ways to build a community around your brand.
Michael shares best practices to start, develop, engage, maintain and grow a community. He gives tips on leveraging various mediums such as social media, emails, bloggers, and the like.
Michael is an American social media, e-commerce, and SEO specialist who has lived in China since late 2007. He is a passionate business connector who helps companies do business in China as well as Chinese companies to work in overseas markets.
- Why invest in off Amazon content and community
- When is the right time to start building a community
- Starting a community - and the strategy behind a Facebook group for your community
- Email collection - ways to build an email list with inserts
- Email promotions - what to do with the emails you do collect (hint - use it or lose it!)
- Maintaining the community - similar to email lists, you need to engage or it will lose effectiveness
- Growing the community - segmenting - make a VIP list, VIP group, brand vs industry naming
- Making a blog - put content on your brand site, or make a separate blog site
- Making an influencer gift bag / onboarding - what to do with your VIP
- Launching a new product with this community - how to leverage this to grow your sales